**PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW VERY CAREFULLY**
How to Enter
- - Entries must be submitted as a password protected file on Vimeo.com, no exceptions. Films must be in English, or with English subtitles.
- - Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form and entry fee paid via PayPal.com. Further instruction on payment appears after completing application.
- - You must be able to provide The Food Film Festival with a high-res digital version of your film upon acceptance. All films will be screened in High Definition from a hard drive.
- - There is no limit to the number of films you may enter.
- - Submissions that have been rejected in previous years by the Festival Selection Committee are not eligible.
- - There is no restriction on the date your film was completed (unless it is so out of date that the subject is irrelevant).
- - ALL GENRES are eligible for entry (documentary, animation, narrative, instructional, food porn…) from any corner of the globe. However, any films depicting sexual pornography or extreme violence are not acceptable for entry.
- - Your entry must also be a FINAL VERSION. No works-in-progress will be accepted.
- - If your film is selected, you must be able to provide The Food Film Festival with 2 excellent still images from your film to be distributed to the press and for use on The Food Film Festival website. It probably goes without saying, but the best stills get the best exposure. In addition, you must provide us with a link to a trailer for your film on YouTube. This allows us to feature your trailer on our YouTube channel.
- - The selection of films is made by the Festival Selection Committee. Only films about food will be considered for the Festival. A one hour film with a 2 minute food scene should not be considered to be a food film.
- - We strive for authenticity at The Food Film Festival and if your film is selected we WILL need your help in sourcing the food, chefs, and stars of your film for your screening. Bringing your film to life by offering guests a Taste of What They See on the Screen is our number-one goal.
- - If your film is chosen, you will be notified prior to August 1, 2014 for NYC and Chicago and February 1, 2015 for Charleston.
- - The term ‘food porn’ should not be taken literally. The Festival Selection Committee is looking for films containing beauty shots of food set to music or other type of soundtrack. Any entry that contains actual sexual pornography will not be accepted.
- - Films selected for The Food Film Festival are placed in the Official Food Film Festival Archive and may be used for promotional purposes.
- - Once your film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from The Food Film Festival program for any reason.
All selected films will be screened as follows:
- New York City – October 29 – November 2, 2014
- Chicago – November 20 – 22, 2014
- Charleston – Spring 2015
Official selections for The Food Film Festival may not exhibit in their respective cities as follows:
- New York City – October 1 – November 5, 2014
- Chicago – November 1 – December 1, 2014
- Charleston – April 1 – May 10, 2015
If your film is selected, it cannot exist on the internet in its entirety until after The Food Film Festival ends. If it does currently exist online, it must be removed prior to October 1, 2014 (NYC), November 1, 2014 (Chicago), April 1, 2015 (Charleston.)
The Food Film Festival is a competitive film festival. Filmmakers compete in multiple categories for the coveted ‘Slotted Spoon Award’ plus, added this year, cash prizes.
Awards will be presented at an awards ceremony at The Food Film Festivals. Only one spoon and cash prize per winning film will be presented. Duplicate spoons are available for purchase for additional directors/producers named on entry form. Please note: no more than three principals (e.g. one director and two producers) may submit an entry. Awards and cash prizes in the amount of $250 are presented in the following categories:
- - Best Feature Film
- - Best Short Film
- - Best Super-Short Film
- - Best Food Porn Film
Additional awards include:
- - Audience Choice Award
- - Food Filmmaker of the Year
New York City and Chicago: March 28, 2014
Last Minute New York City and Chicago: May 2, 2014
Charleston: September 15, 2014
Last Minute Charleston: September 29, 2014
Enter all 3 cities and SAVE!
$95 for feature films for all 3 cities (over 35 minutes)
$75 for shorts for all 3 cities (5-35 minutes)
$50 for super-shorts for all 3 cities (under 5 minutes)
Last Minute Deadline – All 3 Cities
$110 for feature films for all 3 cities (over 35 minutes)
$90 for shorts for all 3 cities (5-35 minutes)
$65 for super-shorts for all 3 cities (under 5 minutes)
To enter New York City, Chicago and Charleston Separately, below are the fees:
$35 for feature films per city (over 35 minutes)
$30 for shorts per city (5-35 minutes)
$20 for super-shorts per city (under 5 minutes)
Last Minute Deadline – Per City
$50 for feature films per city (over 35 minutes)
$40 for shorts per city (5-35 minutes)
$35 for super-shorts per city (under 5 minutes)
Anyone that can prove student status is entitled to a $5 discount in any category. To qualify, email a scanned copy of your current school ID. Entry fees are non-refundable.